FLEET MANAGEMENT AND SERVICE CENTER
Fleet Management and Service Center serves as the central administrator for UNC Charlotte-owned vehicles, leased vehicles and grounds equipment. This unit seven employees. The Fleet Manager manages a service stations which provide fuel; vehicle and equipment maintenance; and pooled vehicle resources to Facilities Management and campus customers. Administrative responsibilities include:
- Collecting and entering NC Motor Fleet vehicle logs into a state-wide system for monthly billing
- Fleet policy development
- Implementation of strategic initiatives
- Operating central vehicle equipment and vehicle pools
- Responding to the state Department of Administration on UNC Charlotte vehicle complaints
- Managing the state-required vehicle exmption process
- Recomendation and assistance for replacement and purchasing of campus vehicles and equipment
- Customer billing for all fleet-related vehicles
Click the icons for the fleet SERVICES
WE HAVE AN AWARD WINNING TEAM!
UNC Charlotte's Fleet Management and Service Center was awarded the 2022 Quality Fleet Management Award for State Agencies by the Southeastern Governmental Flet Managers Association (SGFMA) on October 19, 2022. This annual award "recognizes governmental agencies whose innovatibe fleet management practices have improved productivity, quality and service, or produced substantial savings for their agency or department."