The University of North Carolina at Charlotte will be hosting a Construction “Outreach Event” for General & Special Trades Contractors and Suppliers on Thursday, February 29, 2024, 2:30PM – 4:30PM.
Outreach Event Flyer
The UNC Charlotte Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) Program was established to facilitate the inclusion of minority, women and socially disadvantaged businesses in the design and construction of the campus physical environment. Our program:
- Monitors contractor compliance with regard to minority business participation during all phases of the construction process
- Educates the HUB community about the bidding process and requirements
- Identifies minority businesses that can perform on public building projects
- Conducts outreach efforts to encourage the HUB community to participate in the construction process
- Promotes interaction between the HUB community and non-minority businesses in the construction industry to build relationships and develop partnerships
Please contact our HUB Coordinator, Mr. Darryl Young via email (Darryl.Young@charlotte.edu) for further information on how to participate in this program.