Be a part of taking care of the campus community!
The Adopt-A-Spot program is an opportunity for your student club or organization to have a designated spot on campus that you are able to adopt, and take care of. We currently have 26 university organizations that have adopted locations, but we have space for more!
Steps to join Adopt-A-Spot:
- Send an email to Tyler Sytsma at email@example.com of the Sustainability Office for more information on how to apply for a spot.
- Of the provided options, work with the Recycling Department to choose your desired campus spot.
- Have the sign made, and officially “Adopt-A-Spot.”
Club / Organization Responsibilities:
- Your organization will be responsible for completing a minimum of TWO cleanups per semester, involving checking out litter pick-up sticks from the recycling department each time. Additionally, we are asking for organizations to weight their litter collection results and report back to Tyler Sytsma (firstname.lastname@example.org). When you have finished your cleanup, please stage your bags of litter at your sign and place the provided "Another Successful Cleanup!" sign next to it.
- Not keeping up with your Adopt-A-Spot routine cleaning maintenance can results in losing your designated spot on campus.
For more information, contact Tyler Sytsma at email@example.com for more information on how to get started.
See the other great organizations already particating by checking out the list of existing organizations.